Carolyn’s Online Magazine (#COMe)
FUNDRAISER FOR THE
GREENSBURG (WESTMORELAND COUNTY),
Many women ‘walk on eggshells,’ often unsuccessfully, to prevent a domestic or sexual violence incident. They hold their breath waiting for the incident they know will come, and they hold their breath during the incident. And many women never take another breath again.
The BLACKBURN CENTER advocates for the rights of all individuals to live free from this domestic and sexual violence in their homes and communities by eliminating the root causes of this violence and providing for the well-being and safety of survivors/victims.
April 1-30, 2016
For every subscription (follow)*
during April 2016
$2.00 will be donated to the
* TO SUBSCRIBE:
- Locate the ‘follow’ icon in the upper right hand corner of each blog page (it’s above my photo).
- Enter your e-mail address (which is not made public).
- You will receive a confirmation by e-mail from WordPress.com.
- Accept the subscription.
- Once you subscribe (follow) you will receive e-mail notification of each post.
NOTE: Fundraiser results will be posted here by 5/4/2016
Although the Blackburn Center is geared to domestic and sexual violence it is appropriate to feature during National Child Abuse Prevention Month. Much violence against children—including spouse violence—occurs in the home, and children learn domestic violence and sexual abuse behavior in their homes. The chain must be broken.
If you are a victim of domestic or sexual violence, the BLACKBURN CENTER can help. All of our services are FREE and CONFIDENTIAL, and are available for women, children and men. If you need immediate help, please call our 24 hour hotline at 724-836-1122 or 1-888-832-2272.
READ MORE ON DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND CHILD ABUSE ISSUES:
- Footsteps to Eliminate Domestic and Sexual Violence: #WalkBlackburn
- “It’s on Us” to Stop Sexual Abuse
- Memoir Writing Can Elicit Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome
- Societal Losses Caused by Perpetrators of Child Abuse
- How a Child Molester Divides a Community
- Heads Up to Parents of Special Needs Tweens
- He Walked a Mile in ‘Her Shoes’
- What is the Source of the Phrase ‘Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child?’
- Do Child Abuse Clearances Mean Children Are Safe?
- Why Are Child Abuse Clearances Misleading?
- Letter to the Editor re Child Abuse/Criminal Clearances is Published
- PA Child Abuse & Police Clearance Fees for Volunteers Waived as of July 25, 2015
MORE ARTICLES ON CHILD ABUSE ISSUES AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CAN BE READ ON CAROLYN’S COMPOSITIONS *
* CAROLYN’S COMPOSITIONS is an online magazine that preceded Carolyn’s Online Magazine (#COMe) . With 1,330 posts the site became almost full, encouraging me to open a new magazine, Carolyn’s Online Magazine (#COMe)
NOTE: The WordPress writing prompt for April 17, 2016, is ‘breath.’